Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Diet Experiment Day 2: Observations


Lets just say that my lifestyle doesn’t appear to be very conducive to eating regular meals or exercising to a set schedule. I had intended to have my snack yesterday, go to a fitness class for an abdominal workout, then a light meal. Well, I didn’t get a chance to eat my snack or get a workout because work ran late and didn’t get home until after 8, and because I didn’t want to eat too close to going to sleep, I just had a bowl of soup. 

So, how did I feel this morning? I’m not feeling crappy! I’m not fantastic, but no abdominal pain, only mild intestinal distress, but I now I seem to be having some mild heartburn. I’ll put this down as a 3 level of improvement.

How’s my motivation? Well, the first time I woke up this morning, I didn’t feel too bad. I Didn’t feel very tired and was in a fairly decent mood about getting up. (Basically not dreading it.) I’d probably rate the improvement at about a 3. Then I did my usual morning energy work routine, which consists of some Reiki and aura work. That sent me back with the fairies for awhile! Unfortunately, I was so relaxed when I woke back up that I really did not want to get out of bed. Hmm. Methinks I may need to change the routine a bit. It’s interesting to me, because I have been doing the morning Reiki for some time and it usually helps motivate me out of bed, however, maybe not at the moment. It’s amazing the things you find out about yourself when you pay attention!

How much do I weigh?? I’ll be completely honest here. I actually did my first weigh in on Monday, 2 days ago. (No, I’m not going to give you the number! Some things will remain a mystery.) It was not pretty. What was worse was that I apparently gained 1.5 pounds in the 24 hours between Monday and Tuesday and then lost a pound between yesterday morning and this morning. I’m going to assume water weight redistribution and just try and keep myself better hydrated so I can get a truer reading. So that is going down as a 2.

As I didn’t get to exercise as I had planned yesterday, that was on this morning’s agenda. 20 minutes on the Nordic Track (no arms, just legs) and I feel pretty good. I feel like I have worked out and a bit on the tired side, but not feeling exhausted. Compared to what I felt like after a 4 mile walk on Sunday (I was exhausted and in a daze all day), I would consider that probably around the level 4 mark.

As to what changes I need to make to the food, the biggest is going to have to be breakfast. That oatmeal with the blueberries lasted about 2 hours, tops! Steve, my other half, suggested I throw some nuts in there to add some protein, so that’s what I did today.  Unfortunately, it hasn’t seemed to last much more than that. Possibly due to the exercise. So something a bit more substantial for breakfast in general and if I am planning on doing any kind of aerobic or physically stressing workout, something even more substantial.

I’m going to push the boat out a bit today. I’m going to have some raw veg today. I’m having some roast chicken with arugula. It may be a bit early to add the raw food, but hey, that’s what an experiment is for, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment