Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Diet Experiment Day 8: Further Explorations


I woke up a bit groggy this morning, cause unknown, but it may have had something to do with waking up rather early, around 5:30, deciding that was much earlier than the 6:30 that I had planned and went back to sleep. I finally decided (as it happened, just past 6:30) that the bizarre dream I was having really wasn’t entertaining me enough and decided to get up, albeit a bit more slowly than I have been of late. I’m sure the gloominess of the morning didn’t help either.

My weight stayed the same as yesterday, so improvement numbers are pretty low today, probably no higher than a 2.

Now, my body could still be adjusting itself, cleaning out the old rubbish and getting used to this slightly different nutritional situation, but what if it isn’t? What if this is an indication that it needs something a little different? As you can see, my brain is bored. However, that doesn’t necessarily mean that it also wrong. So, how do I get them to work together, because I want to do what’s right for my body? How do I find out if there is something I can do that is more beneficial than what I am currently doing?

I guess I’ll have to ask my body. I can almost hear you now. “How are you going to do that?”

Well, I think the most straightforward way is through muscle testing, also known as applied kinesiology. Basically by testing a muscle’s strength or weakness, you can determine the health or lack of health to corresponding organs. It was originally developed my Dr. George Dearheart and was further refined to include acupuncture meridians.(http://www.icak.com/, http://www.kinesiology.net/) So by testing various muscles, you can determine if an energy pathway is blocked or not. By testing different foods at different times, you can determine whether or not any particular food, drink or whatever is harmful or helpful.

What this means to me is effectively giving your body a voice. As my actual voice is pretty much in the control of my mind, it’s nice to have a way for me to determine what my body (which can’t speak my mind’s language) has to say.

Although it sounds simple, it’s not really easy. The actual how-to of testing is quite simple, and usually done with two people; the tester and the one being tested. The one being tested extends an arm out parallel to the ground and the tester pushes down on the wrist with two fingers and the says “resist”. Because we are dealing with subtle energies, thoughts (which are subtle energies) can influence the outcome. If you are not really adept at it, you could be engaging more that the one muscle being tested, you could unconsciously be affecting the outcome with preconceptions, and if your body is really out of whack, you could get a false positive, like caffeine testing helpful because your body is exhausted and needs a boost.

However, I’m not going to let that stop me! This is an experiment, and you have to learn somehow!  So, this evening, as Steve and I have to do some food shopping, I’m going to muscle test the foods we buy to see what is beneficial. I’ll also try and muscle test whether or not to have them cooked or raw.The test I’m going to use is one I got out of Energy Medicine by Donna Eden. She has one for Spleen/Pancreas, which is the one linked to digestion in Chinese Medicine. It is also a lot less obvious than me sticking my arm out in the middle of Whole Foods and Steve pushing my wrist! (I have also had this done to me years ago, so I actually have a basic understanding of what I am looking for. If you would like to try it, you may want to either check out Donna Eden's Energy Medicine info http://www.energymed.org/)

No comments:

Post a Comment